Saturday, January 29, 2011

BUS 3500 January 20

I felt better after taking the Chapter 1 quiz – I missed two questions and when we went over the quiz results in class, I could see where I was off base – so I do hope we go over the quiz answers weekly – that really helped. There was so much to do and discuss in class that we were running out of time, and nobody seemed to mind. There is an issue in the Logan classroom in that we don’t have ready access to the microphone – it’s a delay thing, maybe to avoid noise, but as a result, it’s harder for our people to chime in quickly and participate verbally. I sent a question through on blackboard, asking if we could perhaps give more people a chance to chime in by alternating locations, for either the questions or for the opportunity to volunteer for special assignment projects. This week’s readings look interesting – the whole topic of ethics/morality in marketing is intriguing. I’m currently taking a Mass Media Ethics class and there is some overlap, but marketing has its own special applications and challenges. This is a class topic for which I really do see applications in business and also in academic and personal aspects of my life. The concept of social responsibility is something that I don’t know if I would have really considered before examining the potential application of ethics to the subject.

No comments:

Post a Comment