A snowy night, the first class of the semester, and a glimpse of what is to come – I spent the evening wavering between dropping the class and sticking with it – moments of positive anticipation but also moments of dread, unsure if I’m up for the challenge. I’m excited about the aspects of social media in marketing – I have a basic understanding of facebook, twitter, linked-in, for business and personal use, but have only viewing experience for you tube. The quiz that was handed out left me pretty shaken. I knew virtually nothing – and feeling very inadequate, I almost left then and there. I decided to stick it out though and by the end of class had decided that perhaps my lack of knowledge on that subject matter was exactly why I should stay – there is much to learn, and much from which I could benefit. Using that class time after the quiz to walk us through the semester schedule, the grading process, and the class assessment process we do each week online helped bring me back down out of panic stage – and now having done that myself at home today, I am ready to proceed – First order of business: read Chapter 1 of the text and do the Chapter 1 quiz. Maybe I can do this after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment